Friday, January 17, 2014

Christmas Cards

I know it's January and the last thing anyone really wants to think about it Christmas, bbuuuttttt I was super excited about how my Winter/Holiday cards came out this past year, that I thought I would share them with everyone. Maybe some of you will find inspiration for later this year. If so, please share! I'd love to see them :-)

This was inspired by Creating Keepsakes' December Edition.

I used a retired Stampin' Up Christmas tree with Versa-Mark Embossing Ink. I think traced over the ink with Glossy Accents and sprinkled some glitter on it. Once it dried I added some blingage (I think I just made that word up) :-).

This was really fun to do. I think I made about 18 total of these with different color ribbon.  I punched out 1'', 1 1/2'', and 2'' circles and inked them with Distress Ink in Faded Jeans.  Used Studio G black glitter glue for the buttons, eyes and mouth.  I tore a piece of paper to make a mask to create the background using the color-blocking technique. I shadowed the lines with a color pencil to compliment the color of the ribbon.  Finally I used a white opaque pen to draw snowflake and went over it with Glossy accents.  

This was was fairly quick to put together.  I dry embossed the entire card from with my Cuttllebug and lightly ran my ink blending tool over with a little bit of Faded Jeans Distress Ink to pick up the design. Slapped a ribbon and snowflake embie on it and...Voila! Done!

I think this was my favorite card of the season. I literally used scraps of paper and ribbon that I had laying around.  I dry embossed the pattern paper, put some ribbons, buttons, bows and lettering on it.  Each card I made like this had a different Christmas/Winter themed word on it depending on what letters I had left. 

I was a little on the fence about this one at first.  I had bought this paper sometime ago and for the life of me couldn't get it to match anything. Well...I finally found a use for it! I just cut some triangles out of it..Inked the green pattern with red ink and the red pattern & card mat with gold ink. I found some dark red hemp to compliment the "trees" and I was done.  I received compliments from everyone I sent them to. Maybe I'll make a similar version in the future (possibly even sell some?)

Have a great day and a happy heart, 


~Kerri Elan

No comments:

Post a Comment